COVID-19 UPDATE – TheTexasLTConline.com and the Instructor Partners are FULLY OPERATIONAL! As we are concerned for your health and well-being during this time, all DPS instructors performing your shooting proficiency are scheduling 1-on-1 or very small group instruction. Please reach out to them directly to schedule after you complete the online course. The Texas Department of Public Safety is issuing licenses with a slight delay of 45-60 days after you submit all required documentation.
The Texas License to Carry Online Course
TheTexasLTConline.com is certified by the Texas Department of Public Safety. It meets the requirements for and replaces the required in person classroom portion of the course. Samantha Horwitz is your instructor. She is certified under Texas GC 411.188 and GC 411.190 to administer the License to Carry Online Course (classroom instruction only). PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.
Step 1. Add to Cart
Step 2. Take the Course
Step 3. Shoot & Submit Paperwork to State
The only online course taught by a former United States Secret Service Agent. Take this online course on your smartphone, your tablet, or your PC, whenever and wherever you are.
- Texas License To Carry (LTC) is the new name for what used to be called the Texas CHL (Concealed Handgun License).
- You must have your Texas LTC to carry either or concealed.
- This is an approved TEXAS License to Carry Course! – Not a Virginia Concealed handgun, CCW, CCL, CPP, pistol/revolver permit, concealed pistol license, permit to carry a handgun or any other states’ concealed handgun license (CHL) course.
- The online course replaces the 5+ hour in person classroom portion.
- The online course DOES NOT replace the required shooting proficiency for your Texas License to Carry (LTC)
- Successful completion of this course AND the shooting proficiency allows you to apply for your TEXAS License to Carry formerly the Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL)
- CLOSED CAPTIONING IS NOW AVAILABLE!!
Eligibility Requirements: You must be at least 21 years old or 18 years old and an active duty member of the U.S. Military.
Meet Your Instructor
Samantha (Sam) is a former United States Secret Service Agent and Law Enforcement Officer. She is a 9/11 First Responder and she holds her JD from Howard University School of Law in Washington, DC. Sam is an NRA Certified instructor and she is an Approved Online Course Provider certified by The Texas Department of Public Safety under TX GC 411.188 & GC 411.190. For more about Sam visit samanthahorwitz.com
Ready to get Started? Click here –>About the Texas LTC Course
Should you need assistance at any time you may contact TheTexasLTConline.com by text or phone 469-232-7894.